Preliminary Film: Review

 I just wanted to do a little review for my preliminary film. 

To start, coming up with the idea was not too difficult. I had other things I wanted to do at first, but since I wasn't able to do them, I had to switch some things around and come up with something else to do. The idea of someone switching bodies with an animal is fun and I think a good intro to a comedy movie. 

The filming took some time but it turned out well I think. I tried to get a good first shot to establish the setting and what was going on, and then went from there. My brother isn't the best actor, so it took a few tries to get certain scenes right, but they turned out well in the end. I also tried to show good transitions between the scenes and made it so that they flowed well and were easy to understand.

The editing was the most challenging part because I filmed a good amount of content and had to cut some things down so that the story would still make sense but also fit into the time limit. Next time, I'm going to try to film less, I wanted to get as much as possible so that what I was trying to portray would be as easy to understand as possible, but simplicity also works well. 

Overall, I liked this entire experience, and I think it was great practice for the future. For the main film, I'm going to try to film less and trust that my story makes enough sense to the audience. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Movements

Planning!