Planning!

 After so much research, I finally started planning out my film opening. I've decided to do a coming of age film, because that is a genre that I've seen a lot and can relate to as a teenager. I want my filming to be done outdoors, so I've been trying to build a plot around that idea. So far, all I can think of is good car scene that ends up with the main character getting dropped off. 

What plot can be built from that? 

In most coming of age movies I've seen, scenes that take place in a car usually feature a fight between two characters while the main character looking out the window. Or, the main character and the driver are having a deep, emotional talk while, again, the main character is looking out the window. 

My favorite car scene is from "Clueless," because it's funny and the high energy is something I want to emulate. I've re-watched "Clueless" over the weekend, and even though it's more comedy than I want for my film, I did take down some points that I felt were useful. 

  • It's a must to set up some negative attributes of the main character at the beginning so the viewer knows how they need to grow
  • Give a proper introduction to every recurring character at the beginning 
  • Don't use music while the characters are talking unless the setting calls for it 
These were just a few, but when thinking about how to structure my scene, these three really stood out to me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camera Movements

Reflection #2